Monday, September 30, 2013

Welcome Back

I know I say it year after year, but this is my favorite time of year.  Weather is perfect, light is golden, food is heartier, soul is lighter.  Fall makes me want to get out of the house in a way that summer never does.  No humidity, no stickiness, no sweating.  Fall outside activities are infinitely preferable. 
 
I've been working so many hours that I've been overly protective of my weekends.  Meaning I haven't been willing to do anything on the weekends except keep my pajamas on and curl up on the couch. 
 
But Fall has woken me up, as it always does.  I want to get out there and enjoy this magical time of year. 
 
As inspiration and motivation, I made a Fall to do list:
 
1) Make pumpkin bread
 
2) Once the leaves turn, rent bikes for a long ride through Central Park
 
3) Apple and pumpkin picking, hayride, and apple cider doughnuts at Fishkill Farms 
 
4) Weekly hikes through the woods along the Hudson River
 
 
6) Spend a day wandering Manhattan, hot coffee in hand
 
7) Get all of our cozy blankets out of their storage bins and put the down comforter back on the bed
 
8) Plan a picnic
 
9) Experiment with gluten free fall treats for Joe
 
Hello, Fall.  You're just in time.

3 comments:

SG said...

I can help with #6 if you wait until November!!!

Christina said...

#6 was written with you in mind, buddy!

Unlimited Biking said...

Fall is the best time of the year! :) It's our favorite time to explore new cities and sight see by bike! Our tours through Central Park are always stunning in the fall with the colorful trees and fall vibes. Great read!