Monday, April 22, 2013

Honeymoon-ish

Our plans for a honeymoon got a bit derailed when we learned that one of Joe's best friends was getting married a month after us in Florida.  Two trips back to back would have been a little much money-wise and taking time off work-wise.  So we went to Florida for five days at the beginning of this month and I'm not calling it a honeymoon because I don't think you can call it a honeymoon when your husband goes to a bachelor party in the middle of it.  We had fun but Orlando wasn't exactly my honeymoon destination of choice.  But I was determined to make the most of it since I can't even remember the last time I had a proper vacation so...Disney World!  Epcot!  The beach!

I had booked a car rental, a cheap compact, but we mentioned to the rental car guy that we had just gotten married and he gave us a discount on an upgrade.  Joe was very, very thrilled.
I wasn't even embarrassed about dropping the whole "oh we just got married 3 weeks ago" line on this trip, because dammit, if I had to spend my "honeymoon" in Orlando, I was going to get as much free shit as possible.  Did I shamelessly get us upgraded into a suite at our hotel?  You bet your sweet fanny I did.

It was a whirlwind trip, but we had so much fun.  I don't know that two adults really need to go to the Magic Kingdom alone, and Disney is horrifyingly expensive, but we were just so excited to be wearing flip-flops and not at work and together that it was pretty okay.

But I'm not giving up on taking a trip that's truly just for us before the year is up.  


0 comments: