Monday, February 6, 2012

Odds & Ends

I am out of ideas for my hair.  I think it's time for a major change, but when you're dealing with thick and curly, it's kind of hard to do too much.  Short would mean some major 13-year-old Jewish boy 'fro action and straightening every morning is just way too time consuming.  I go to a salon that specializes in curly hair, but hair cuts don't seem to make much difference, no matter how much I tell them to tame it.  Case in point:

Pre-hair cut:


A few weeks post hair cut:
I am smizing so hard, you guys.
Do you see the difference?  I pay $75 for subtlety apparently.  Also, do you see how my eyebrows are completely asymmetrical?  I don't know what to do about that either.  Sometimes when I'm sitting across the table from Joe at dinner, I think he's staring into my eyes and that he's about to say something profound, something that will touch me deep inside my soul, and then he says, "they're still uneven," and then I throw a forkful of food at him and he pays for dinner.

Speaking of Joe, he and Lily will be home tomorrow.  I'm ready.  I enjoyed the quiet and got a ton of work done last week, but I miss my family.  Even if Lily coming back means having regular heart attacks.  Do you have any idea what it's like to go to the bathroom, do your business, stand up, wash your hands, and not notice this until you're on your way out the door?

Pervert.
Luckily, she's also a lot of fun. 

Hide and go seek.  She's it. 

And lastly, LET'S GO G!  I have a very happy fiance coming home tomorrow. 
(The Saints are still my first love, Dad, don't worry.)



0 comments: