Monday, December 19, 2011

Odds & Ends

The joy of blogging is that sometimes when you're otherwise completely uninspired, you'll think to yourself, "I really like ginger ale.  Can I get a whole post out of that?" and thank goodness for you guys and for me that I believe the answer to be wholeheartedly no.  For right now anyway.  If I can think of a new angle, I'm totally running with it. 

One of the perks of my current job which did not occur to me before is that when the University is closed, we don't have to show up.  I always assumed the administration worked a regular schedule during breaks, taking off just for holidays, but I am delighted to have been wrong.  I'm off December 22nd until January 3rd.  I'm telling you, if it wasn't for not really using the degree I worked my ass off for and will spend the next 40 years of my life paying for, this job would be perfect.  (Actually, I am very much enjoying it, which is creating a serious ongoing dilemma in my brain that I am not ready to address.) 

To change the subject, I am seriously over how I am treated on Sundays being directly linked to how well the Giants play and/or how someone's fantasy team is faring.  Over it like whoa.  The highs and lows are exhausting.  It's PMS compressed into 3 hours.  One play is the difference between "don't touch me" and "you look pretty today."  Dude.  You don't see me punching pillows over Top Chef.  Suck it up.

We are going to look at 3 more wedding venues in the coming weeks.  I really hope one of them is it.  The fun and excitement part of it has worn off a bit and now I just want to put down a deposit, pick a date, move on to the next decision, and let it start feeling real.

I cannot get this dress out of my head.  Never in a million years would I have described this as a wedding dress possibility, but I sort of love it.  Speaking of which, I am going to start whipping my ass into wedding dress shape any day now. 

All of my Christmas shopping is done and gifts requiring shipping have been sent.  The problem with getting it all done early for me is that I will spend the next several days second guessing everything I have purchased.  I will make exchanges and returns only to decide that the first thing is really the best thing after all.  I will over-analyze and over-think and ultimately decide the gift isn't quite right or not enough or, horror of horrors, imperfect, and I will fret incessantly.  Then I will give the gift, and when I am told it is loved, I will still worry that it isn't.  Gift giving is very stressful.

Have I told you guys how much I really love ginger ale?

0 comments: