Monday, November 21, 2011

Postcards from New Orleans

Though I was there for work, I still had plenty of time to hang out with one of my best buddies from high school, Kathryn.  She very kindly took some time off work so we could hang out and sight see.  And when I say sight see, I mean eat our way through the city.  I was born in New Orleans, I've been back many times, so there isn't too much left at this point that I haven't already seen.  The food, however, that I can do every single time.  Great city, great food, and great company.  There was more eating than shown, but honestly, enough is enough.





Wine, martinis, and crème brûlée at The Delachaise
Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Beignets and frozen cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde

me & Kat

Oyster roast and cucumbers & herbs in vinegar at Cochon

Muffaletta at Butcher
Effective advertising
Shrimp po'boy and sweet potato fries at Parkway
Bring on Thanksgiving.  I'm hungry.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Sorry for so many comments at once; we were out of town for awhile and I'm just now catching up on blogs and such! The food in this post looks GOOD! We were just in Lafayette LA (hanging out with family for Thanksgiving) and we had some great food, too! My sister-in-law made gumbo, delicious, and I tried Cane's for the first time. SO good. I think the best food comes out of the South!

Christina said...

You are so right about that!