Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nudo

I have a slight obsession with olive oil.  I eat it every day in almost every meal.  I use it for marinating, sauteing, roasting, to make dressings, drizzling over salads, rice, vegetables, pasta.  I even sometimes use it with a little coarse sea salt as an exfoliator.  Beyond being wonderfully good for you, it's incredibly delicious.  If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, warm crusty bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil with freshly cracked black pepper would be at the top of the list.

Which is I why I about peed in my pants when I came across Nudo, an olive grove in Italy where you can adopt an olive tree and be sent all the produce from your tree twice a year.  Tons of extra-virgin olive oil from my very own tree?  Um, sold.  Plus you get to support a small-scale method of farming which is arguably better for the environment and for you.  Bonus!  Given how much good olive oil can cost, this is a downright bargain. 

I might have to add this to my "to be gifted" list.  Genius!

0 comments: