Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Postcards from Chicago


Last week was Milwaukee-Chicago-South Bend.  The highlight of this trip was Chicago.  I have aways wanted to go there.  I've heard great things about the city and there's so much to do and see.  It's been on the list for a long time. 

Traveling alone makes things tricky, though.  On the one hand, I want to take advantage of my time in these places, but on the other hand there's only so many things it's fun to do alone.  Plus, I don't want to see and do everything so I can save some treats for when I go back for a real visit. 

So my top three for free time during my two days in Chicago were Harpo Studios (home of the Oprah Winfrey Show, although please tell me I didn't need to tell you that), the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower, what the hell is up with that?), and Chicago-style pizza.  I did the first two, but skipped the pizza because I ran out of time (also I had a huge lunch, as seen below).

So fun.  Can't wait to go back.


Room service breakfast.  I will never tire of this.






And now.  Drumroll please.  The epicenter of all that is right in the world....



The other thing that sucks about traveling alone?  This is the only proof I have that I was there!



The garage where Oprah and all the celebs pull in every day!  There were some large, rather intimidating, security looking guys lingering outside so this was my totally subtle walk-by picture.




The "YOU GET A CAR!" lot!



Yes ma'am.




I still haven't quite recovered.









1 comments:

chickster said...

I want to visit Chicago just for that lunch! wowza