Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last Friday, my plane landed around 10pm.  I went home, repacked, got some sleep, and got up at 7 am the next morning to drive to New York to baby-sit my little cousins, ages 4, 2, and 1.  Their mama and papa had a wedding to go to in Manhattan, and I've had this baby-sitting gig on the calendar for months.  I love every chance to spend time with these kids.  The rest of my family is down South so even though I'm madly in love with all the kids in our family, this is the first bunch I've actually gotten to watch grow up, be at all the birthday parties, and see regularly. 

Baking with kids is rough, but how much they love it makes it so worth it.  As long as you completely give up any hope of not making a mess. 

We just followed the recipe on the bag of chocolate chips.  They didn't come out great.  That happens when a four-year-old is doing the measuring.  Still, best helpers ever.







0 comments: