Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This Should Not Make Me This Happy

This past weekend, my desperate need to get out of the house and my little cousin Sophia's 4th birthday party in New York fortuitously overlapped.  We decided to rent me a car so I could stay for a few days, and also so I could have something to zip around in because I have interviews and part-time job places to be through Wednesday of this week. 

I opted for the cheapest offer and was quite happy to be able to rent an economy car for $16/day.  When we went to pick it up, they told me they didn't have any economy cars left, but they would let me have the only car currently available for the same rate.

The guy pointed.  I looked outside.  The clouds parted, I heard singing, and one of heaven's sweet angels shone a light down on a gorgeous, shiny, brand spanking new SUV.  Fully loaded.  Leather seats.  Sirius satellite radio.  New car smell.  I'M IN LOVE. 

I have mentioned before that guilt keeps me happily driving my little hybrid, but SUV's have a special place in my heart.  It's not like a big deal or anything, but I just feel better about life when I'm driving one.  Especially one as fricken-fracken gorgeous as this one.  That is totally normal and healthy.  I just want to drive it.  Do you need milk?  Can I run an errand for you?  Do you need me haul something?  Can I pick up some furniture for you?  I will be more than happy to help you out. 

I don't want to alarm the good people at Hertz or anything, but come Wednesday, I'm not sure I'm going to be bringing this car back.  Grand theft auto aside, the worst that can happen is they max out the credit card I provided at pick-up.  I might be willing to risk that 256 dollars. 

0 comments: