Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today = Good

I got my check today from the fellowship funding me for the work I'm doing this summer. I have money again! Oh, it feels good. I got a manicure as soon as I got home from work and then got a spray tan and a Wendy's coffee toffee frosty. Because having money means spending it irresponsibly. Oprah says you should live your best life and I live my best life when I am manicured and fakely tanned and enjoying icy coffee treats. I was about to go to Target and buy myself some new necklaces and maybe a new DVD but then I realized So You Think You Can Dance was about to start so I rushed home. Oprah would have done the same thing.

Also a certain colleague who has previously annoyed the ever-living bejeezus out of me was a lot less annoying today but I think it was an anomoly. Or perhaps I have grown considerably since yesterday. It's possible. Anyway, the point is, I didn't throw anything. So, I grew as a person, got a manicure, am freshly bronzed and enjoyed a deliciously refreshing beverage with delightful toffee candy interludes. A very good day.

0 comments: