Monday, June 8, 2009

Lists. Yay.

I love lists. So much so that I will make lists of lists I need to make. Here's a sample:

LISTS TO MAKE:
1. To Do
2. Grocery
3. Weekly Goals
4. Life Goals
5. Places to See Before I Die
6. Colors of the Rainbow in Order of Preference

You get my point.

I remembered a while back that I once made one of those "Before I Die" lists where you put down all the things you want to check off before your checking hand is stilled, if you know what I'm saying. I don't know where this list is currently. Probably in one of the many diaries I started, wrote in for a week, and never cracked again. But I've been thinking lately about all the things I wish I knew how to do. So I decided to make a list, because such is my way. If only it were on delightfully whimsical lined stationary headed by my initials!

Here's a few of the things I would like to learn how to do before my doing is done, if you know what I'm saying. I'll try not to hyperventilate and pass out from the excitement of list-making but no promises.

THINGS TO LEARN HOW TO DO:
1. Sew
2. Knit
3. Play Golf
4. Play Poker
5. Play Chess
6. Change oil in a car
7. Expertly create a smoky eye with eyeshadow
8. Make more money than I spend
9. Gardening
10. Bake without a recipe
11. Make my skin glow effortlessly
12. Be a morning person
13. Make small talk with strangers
14. Memorize all colors of rainbow in order to arrange in order of preference
15. Stop drinking at "fun buzz" and prior to "unable to walk without assistance"
16. French braid
17. Live my live without a complete television dependency
18. Be humble (convincingly)

I think that's good for now. I'm a little overwhelmed by my sheer lack of knowledge. Oooh, maybe later I'll make a list of things I already know how to do to make myself feel better. Ooooh, that list is going on the list of lists to make! Life is good.

1 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I can teach you how to play poker!!! than you can cross one off of your list - and then when you kick ass in poker you can use the money to help pay off/buy everything else that you want!