Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Major Wife Fail

Working such long hours combined with absolutely hating the kitchen in this apartment has combined to mean that I barely cook anymore.  Joe gets off work every day at 5:00 so he's usually got dinner well underway by the time I get home, usually between 7:00 and 8:00.  Apparently, I've become so reliant on this, that I've lost all capability of feeding myself. 

Last night, I got home at almost 8:00 and Joe wasn't home because he was playing in a softball tournament.  I stared at the plentiful contents of the fridge for a while, before settling on a couple spoonfuls of homemade icing left over from a cake baked a while ago and some slices of mozzarella. 

Then Joe came home and asked what was for dinner.  Um....it never occurred to me that you would need to be fed. 

So he turned right around, walked out, and brought back Chinese.  

Icing, mozzarella, and chicken with broccoli.  Somebody better have dinner on the table by the time I get home tonight so this doesn't happen again.     

0 comments: