Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our Little Hunter

The other night, I was awoken at some ungodly hour by loud high-pitched squeaking.  I just figured Lily had dislodged the squeak box from one of her toys and rolled over and went back to sleep.  The next morning, Joe got out of bed to find an offering of the dead mouse variety on the floor next to his side of the bed.

First of all, we have mice now?
Second of all, gross.
Third of all, what the hell, Lily?  You're offering your triumphs to Joe?  Who do you think is really in charge here?

Joe took a picture of the dead mouse, announced proudly that this was her first kill, and then proceeded to coo at Lily all morning "Who's my little hunter?  Who is it?  Whooo is it?"  Which...I don't know what to say about any of that.

I'd have to say I'm a bit surprised.  I've seen this cat bested by a spider.  But I suppose this will be good for her confidence.  Plus if I never see a mouse alive in my presence, and I don't have to carry the guilt of setting the traps, that's pretty okay with me.

0 comments: