Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Day in the Life of My Brain

From 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, I think about work and work-related things.  Like real estate and reviewing real estate-related documents and making real estate-related court appearances.  It's very real estate-y up in here from 9 to 6.

From 6:00 pm to roughly 6:45 pm I think about snacks and where my socks are and why I am always looking for socks and why despite all the socks I own I only like to wear the same three pairs and why don't I just buy more like those pairs because this is a daily waste of my time as is having to lay them out after a run so they dry and I can wear them again the next day because again only the three pairs and where did they go.

From roughly 6:45 pm to roughly 7:45 pm I think about putting one foot in front of the other and not dying.

From roughly 7:45 pm to 8:30 pm I think about showering and what combinations of fruit and veggies should go in the juicer for the next day.

From 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm I think about TV and catching up on personal e-mails and whether I have anything to write about here and whether anything needs to be ironed and whether I have anything else I need to do.

From 11:30 pm until 7:00 am I think about sleep.

In the background of all of that, I think about my wedding.  Paying for the wedding.  Making arrangements for the wedding.  Choosing things for the wedding.  Making lists for the wedding.  Having ideas about the wedding.  Sending e-mails inquiring about things for the wedding.  Fretting over whether everybody involved with the wedding is happy about the wedding details. 

Right now, most of my wedding-related thinking is dedicated to vacillating between two photographers I love.  I've spoken with both of them over the phone and adore them both.  I've connected more with one personally, but I love the other one's style more.  But the one I feel more connected to costs less.  But the one with the style I love more dropped her fee significantly to try to work within my budget (though she's still at the very top of it).  I spend a good amount of time in the evening perusing their galleries to try to make this decision.  Eventually I will decide and I will rinse and repeat regarding the next major decision. 

I expect this to be an accurate reflection of my life for the next several months.  The 11:30 pm to 7:00 am part is my favorite. 

0 comments: