Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Melancholia

I'm feeling tired today.  Actually, I don't even know if that's true.  I think since I was little, "tired" has just been my all-encompassing word for when I'm not quite right.  It's certainly not like I haven't been getting plenty of sleep lately. 

It's not body tired, it's soul tired.  I have a day or two like this every once in a while, and I've found it's best to just give into it.  Be sad, be frustrated, be tired, maybe cry a little or a lot, and maybe call someone and pour your heart out or maybe don't talk to anyone all day.  Don't apologize, don't buck up, and don't feel guilty.  It's just a day, a feeling.

I do give into it, but I also try to find one thing, even a teeny one, to brighten my spirits.  Today it's a huge iced coffee with half & half and pinch of cinnamon, which is pretty much my most favorite way to drink iced coffee.  A little caffeine for the tired soul never hurt.

0 comments: