Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Save That Seat

All I've been thinking about lately is a vacation.  I want to go somewhere, somewhere it takes more than 2 hours to get to.  I want to pack a suitcase, check in to a hotel, and not come back for several days.  I haven't been on a real vacation since...I went to Vegas for my spring break trip my senior year of college.  That was almost 6 years ago.  I do not remember most of that trip.  I did not know beforehand that the drinks were free as long as you kept gambling and so was unprepared.  I'm told I had a great time.  I'm also told I got a blackjack dealer fired.  And that I was found at one point sans clothing in a hot tub surrounded by cash and Krispy Kreme donuts.  Allegedly. 

Usually when I'm off somewhere, it's to New York or to Atlanta to visit friends or family.  That's all well and good, but as far as just going somewhere I chose purely for the joy of going and being? 

Yes, please.

I feel like if I could go somewhere else, even for a little bit, I could catch my breath.

via

2 comments:

SG said...

COME TO LONDON WITH ME!

Christina said...

I know, I know. But there's this pesky little issue of not knowing if I will have a job or a home after June and being responsible, etc., etc. I want to, believe me!