Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home - UPDATED

I remember hearing tornado sirens going off when I was young and not thinking anything of it.  Instead of taking shelter, we'd look outside and see if we saw anything coming.  If not, carry on.  Everything is okay until it isn't. 

In fact I remember one time in particular, my mom, little brother, and I were driving home.  Tornado sirens were sounding all around us even though the sky was clear.  We were probably less than a half mile from home and my brother was being ornery.  My mama stopped the car and ordered him out.  Made him walk the rest of the way home.  You better hope there's not a tornado coming.  That'll learn ya.  My mother will likely deny this ever happened.  It did.     

I do not like being at work, trying to access my e-mail, and instead seeing screaming headlines that tornadoes are terrorizing my hometown.  That's where my mama lives.  And my dad and my little brother.  My preference is that no harm come to them.

Luckily, everyone is okay.  No fatalities and no serious injuries in all of Dallas.  Thank the good Lord. 

And according to Khloe Kardashian's twitter feed, she's okay too, though a little freaked.  Whew.

Updated to add:  My mama called today to tell me that the above description of events is slander.  It's not slander if it's true, mom.  She also sent me this incredible photo taken by one of her patients:


Holy shizballs.  There are two kinds of people in this world - those who see that, pee their pants, have some words with baby Jesus, and then run like hell, and those who see that and stop to take its picture.  I would be the one with the wet pants.

0 comments: