Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Can't Quit You

After my law school graduation, my family and I headed back to the law school building so I could collect my "official" diploma and also so I could show my family where I'd spent the last three years of my life.  There was a moment in the middle of all the hustle and bustle when my mom took my arm and encouraged me to soak it all in.  This was the last time I would be here.  I thanked her for the effort but had to remind her that I would be back in this building in, um, like, 4 days to start Pennsylvania bar prep classes. 

That kept me in the building for about 2 more months.  Then I thought I was done.  But a mere 4 weeks later I was back, working in the building full-time. 

And now I'm back in the law school library for hours at a time, in jeans and a sweater, with my tote bag, grabbing a latte at the coffee bar, and rolling my eyes at the people who just will not shut up.  It's a library, people.  That means we don't answer our phones.  Thanks.  It's just like old times!

Not done yet, law school building.  Not through with you yet.

I will say, though, that one of the perks of working for your law school is that when you ask for almost two weeks off to prepare for and take a bar exam, they're all of course you're gonna need time off.  Go study, buddy.  Sort of makes me think I'm in the right place at the right time after all despite the drama of the last year.  This place has my back.

Oh, law school.  When all this over and we finally part ways, I've got a sloppy tongue kiss with your name on it. 

0 comments: