Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Coming

On Saturday morning, I woke up and spied frost on the bedroom window.  The weather heretofore has been unseasonably warm and I have been oh so impatiently awaiting colder temperatures. 

(Did you like the use of the heretofore?  I learned that in law school.  Totally worth it.)

I know for many the idea of winter coming brings on dread and dreariness and generally unpleasant feelings.  Very similar, I imagine, to how I feel about hot, humid, miserable summers.  For me, the sighting of the first frost on the window is akin to the joy most people feel when they spy the first upshoots of green in the spring. 

Bring on the snow, I say.

Frost on the window also reminds me of this, which makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.  The photos are still available if you're interested.  Sweet goodness. 

0 comments: