Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday & Birthday Gift Guide...For Me 2011

Following on the heels of what I have my eye on for others, here's what I'm eyeing for myself this year for Christmas and my December 23rd birthday.  Most of these items are working double duty (a couple have already been purchased for friends & family).  In retrospect, I don't think these gift guides are good for me or my wallet, but at least they're kinda fun. 

DiorShow Mascara, $24.50.  My hunt for the perfect mascara has been ongoing and ever disappointing.  This mascara has reached cult classic status and I've been dying to try it and find out if it could be the one.

Burberry Women's Fragrance Coffret, $40.  I'm a huge fan of all the Burberry fragrances, but don't own a single bottle.  I love perfume and cannot limit myself to just one, so I buy the mini-bottles to save money.  With every perfume I own in constant rotation, the little bottles still last forever. 

Chanel Fragrance Wardrobe, $120.  Five Chanel fragrances in adorable little bottles.  I covet this sweet little package every year. 

tarte Starlet Limited Edition Makeup Vanity, $52.  A carry over from the gifts for others list.  I'm in desperate need of new make-up and this kit has it all.  Plus, I love that tarte make-up is made without sulfates, synthetic dyes, and other nasty stuff. 

DKNY Button Down Dot-Print Pajamas Set in navy, $68.  I mean, look how good they look on me.

The Laundress Sweater Comb, $18.  Pilling has rendered too many of my sweaters unwearable.  A handy tool that will refresh and replenish my winter wardrobe.
Cuisinart Prep Plus Food Processor, $250 $99.96.  The current kitchen gadget of my dreams.
Pastry Cutter, $11.99.  For cookies, pies, biscuits, and my sanity so I don't have to cut the butter in with two forks, which is just oh so inefficient. 

Half sheet pan and cooling rack set, $30.  I currently do not have either a half sheet pan or a cooling rack and the shame is palpable. 

Digital Candy & Oil Thermometer, $34.99 $20.17.  So I can branch into candy making.  Hey now.

Bridesmaids on DVD, $29.98 $14.99.  Because I'd like to watch it 72 more times back to back.  Melissa McCarthy has been my hero ever since she was Sookie St. James.

Kate Spade All Wrapped Up Bow Studs, $48.  I love all the Kate Spade earrings, and these are especially adorable.

Kate Spade Grace Avenue Ring Holder, $40.  My engagement ring needs a worthy home.

Sorel Tivoli Waterproof Boot, $109.95.  I am going on my 8th East Coast winter and I still do not own a pair of waterproof boots.  Utterly ridiculous.  Though, it was not until last year that I finally purchased a decent ice scraper for the car, so, you know, baby steps. 

And now for the never in a million years item I've been drooling over for months:

Canon PowerShot S95 10mp Digital Camera, $399.00 $299.00.  When I can, an awesome camera is on the top of the investment list.

2 comments:

d&d said...

screw sorel! go with bean boots!

Christina said...

I was looking at them the other day! You're probably right. I should be Maine loyal, in your name.