Monday, July 11, 2011

Borderline Obsessive

My love of office supplies led me to Poppin.  I have never before (I'm pretty sure, but am too lazy to check) dedicated an entire post to my love of a single shopping experience, but Poppin just made me so happy.  When I first hit the site, my shopping cart was filled with about 9 things, but reason and sanity won out and I narrowed it down to 3.  The very next day a package arrived at my door (I still don't know how they do that) and I adore everything.

I love the classic scissors and black retro ballpoint pens, but I am especially smitten with the black wood pencils.

The design is so modern and minimalist and absolutely gorgeous.  They come in a box of 12 and are pre-sharpened.  They feel smooth in your hand and write like butter.  The eraser erases completely and easily.  I haven't tried yet, but I bet they're also good kissers.  Office supplies are so sexy.  Just me?  Okay.

The main catalyst for this purchase is that pretty soon I will be spending a day bubbling in 200 multiple choice questions over the course of 6 hours.  On hour two, when the fact that I don't remember what the schmuck the difference is between burglary and robbery becomes painfully obvious, I can momentarily distract myself with thoughts of oooh pretty pencil, who's a pretty pencil, you're a pretty pencil which will stop me from throwing it across the room in despair.  Strategy.

So I was already over the moon with this shopping experience, but then a couple of weeks later, I got this handwritten note in the mail:


One of the few things I love more than office supplies is mail.  Specifically thoughtful, hand-written notes because, really, who takes the time anymore?  Well played and well done, Poppin.  I'm in love.

P.S. Burglary is the breaking and entering of a dwelling of another at night with the intent to commit a felony therein.  Robbery is the taking of personal property of another from the other person's presence, by force or threat with the intent to permanently deprive him of it.  The more you know.  Shooting star.

1 comments:

chickster said...

Not really sure how it works, but I think this link could help with all future Wish Lists : http://pinterest.com/