Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm Still Waiting For An Answer

I ordered a box of cookies recently from a great local, downtown bakery as a thank you for the firm I worked with all semester. When it came time to choose which cookies I wanted in the assortment, I handed the laptop off to Joe and told him to pick from the 12 varieties offered. He chose chocolate chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodle and butter almond.


“Wow,” I said, “you picked the exact same 4 I would have chosen, except for one.”

“You wouldn’t have picked the peanut butter.”

“Uh, yeah. Okay, hotshot, now a tough one. Out of all the other flavors, which would I have picked instead?”

“Chocolate pecan.”

“Um, yeah, that’s totally right! Wow.”

“I know you.”

“Yes. And yet come my birthday, you still always think I want a DVD. Riddle me that.”

“Uh…Yay, I got it right! Chocolate pecan! Let’s kiss.”

0 comments: