Thursday, April 21, 2011


On Thursdays, I have three classes, but it feels like an easy day because for the longest time it was the only day of the week I didn't have to go to work.  It's also my last school day of the week because I don't have classes on Fridays.  My friend Ashleigh is in my last class on Thursdays and at the end of every class I say I'll see her on Tuesday, the next time we have a class together.  Today I said, "See you....oh, you."  Weird.  No more classes on Tuesday anymore ever.  Here's Thursday:

7:40 - alarm goes off.

8:00 - out of bed.  I don't have class until 11:00 but Joe had to be at work by 9:00 so the plan was for him to drop me off at school on his way.  (Have I mentioned we've been sharing a car since he moved in?  Another story for another day.)  But I had a wicked stomachache this morning so after I put in my contacts and brushed my teeth, I curled up on the couch in the fetal position while Joe took a shower.  I decided not to head to school quite yet, so Joe went on without me.  I texted Ashleigh and asked her to kindly pick me up when she headed to class, took some medicine and went back to bed.

10:00 - out of bed do over.  Such a crap morning.  I noticed a stray hair on my upper lip so I grapped Joe's razor to address it and in my rush, took a chunk of my lip with it.  It would not stop bleeding and I was in a hurry, so I tried to stop the bleeding with one hand while putting my make-up on with the other.  Then I couldn't find my student ID anywhere.  I needed coffee.  Brewed it.  Realized Joe had finished the last of the half & half.  Lip finally stopped bleeding but was all red and scabby.  Pretty. 

11:00 - Cyberlaw

12:40 - Normally I would have another Business Organizations class but it was cancelled today because the professor had to be out of town.  So headed to the law school cafeteria for a working lunch.  Tuna salad sandwich and French Onion Sun Chips.

1:00 - Coffee.  Finally.  It deserves its own mention.

2:40 - Comparative Law

4:00 - Library for some work

5:15 - Had to go to a meeting to get the appropriate software downloaded on my laptop so I can take my finals on it.  That's what I had to have my student ID for - finally found it in a random pocket of my bag.

6:00 - Home.  Debated going to the gym.  Remembered it closed at 7:00 today because of the upcoming holiday weekend.  Opted out.  Tired.

6:40 - Ran some errands with Joe

8:00 - cooked dinner.  Tacos.  I simmer black beans in a little beef broth with garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, shallots, a little tomato paste, cumin, cayenne, red pepper flake and lime.  Saute onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime zest and corn in another pan.  Then make homemade guacamole (avocado, lime, salt, cayenne, minced shallot, jalapeno, cilantro - mash).  Pile it on toasted corn tortillas and top with salsa.  Easy, satisfying and delicious.

The rest of the evening spent TV watching.  The day was just kind of eh.  I haven't gotten much sleep this week, so I'm kind of sleepy and cranky.  Last full week of classes over.  I've mentioned it before this week, but I really feel nothing about this.  It's the weirdest thing.  I just am completely neutral about it.  I've been trying to force some kind of feeling about it this week, but I got nothing.  Maybe when finals are over?