Monday, March 21, 2011

The Last Time: Last Paper

Last Wednesday, March 16, 2011, I turned in the last paper of my law school career.  And I was so giddy over not having to write anything ever again that I waited 5 days to write to tell you about it.  Because I could. 

Then I remembered that I still have to write an endless stream of research memos three days a week at my part-time firm job, and I will have to write four final exams in a couple months, and I will write at least six essays for the bar exam, and then basically spend the rest of my life churning out memos and motions and briefs and letters, so the giddiness has slightly waned. 

But I turned in the last thing I will have to write until the end of April!  Yay!  It's the small victories, people.

That part of it is over.  Never again will I be up all night crying, cursing Bluebook citations, and wondering if it is too late to finish my application to culinary school on the eve of a deadline.  I just don't think pie would ever make me cry like that.  I've also never waited until the last possible minute to make pie.  It's just more and more clear I've missed my calling. 

Just one more time for emphasis:  IT IS OVER!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

YAY!!! Congratulations :-)