Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Technology Is Hard

An actual text message received today from my dad, including orignal formatting:

"All about the Saints we're watching celebration parade on NFL network...sorry ur snowed in. Did u know the Saints won the Super Bowl? Yeah u know! Where did u watch it? Were u excited ?We had a big party here! Lots of Cowboys fans who just wanted the Saints to win."

That was a single message. He sends texts like my mom leaves voicemails. How does one respond to such a text? I went with "Yes. Home. Yes. Great."

At least it's not as bad as the time we had the following conversation via text:

Dad: My life would suck without u.

Me: Turn off the Kelly Clarkson and go back to work.

Dad: Oh, sorry, Chris. That was meant for Jamie [his girlfriend].

No, hey, that's cool. But that leaves us where exactly on the whole your life sucking without me issue?

I'm revoking my parents' phone privileges until further notice.

0 comments: