Thursday, January 28, 2010

Talkin' Baseball

Joe: [Talking about Brett Gardner playing for the Yankees, etc, etc. Something about how fast he is and can get from home plate to first base in 3.6 seconds...]

me: Is he cute? Is he single? What are his stats?

Joe: I'm not sure off the top of my head. His batting average...

me: No, no, no. What are his stats? Is he cute?

Joe: Hon, I don't know if he's cute or single. Those aren't his stats. No one cares about that.

me: Joe! It's important. If he's in a happy relationahip he'll be fulfilled and probably play better.

Joe: [Sighs and attempts to change the subject.]

me: Dude! What are you talking about? He's totally cute!

Joe: Are you online?

me: Yes! He's gorgeous!

Joe: Great.

me: And he's married. Good stats.

Joe: What's his batting average?

me: Aw, he has a baby boy!

Joe: I'm going to bed.

1 comments:

You Know said...

I think my favorite posts to read are about you and Joe communicating