Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thought for the Day That Has Nothing to Do with Law School or my Constitutional Law Final on Monday

I know better than to answer the phone when a 1-800 number is calling. But then curiosity always gets the best of me. What if it's important? What if I won something? What if this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if I don't answer they'll call the next person on the list and I'll have missed out and I'll never know it? What if I won money? I need money! I should answer it. This call could change my life. And you know something? I'm always, always wrong.

P.S. - I know I should be studying but my cell phone just vibrated and it was a 1-800 number and I couldn't answer because I was in the library and I felt very strongly that I would be sorry for not answering but turns out it was just Citibank and they want to tell me something about my credit card and that seems important because they never call and someone is probably stealing my identity at this very moment so I'm going to go call them back now. See? Should have answered. Also should be studying. But that's neither here nor there.

P.P.S. - Turns out it was just Citibank wanting to tell me they're decreasing my credit limit on one of my credit cards. You know because they already jacked my interest rate up on one to 15% and then jacked the interest rate on the other to 30% and apparently I didn't bend over far enough the first two times, so now they're decreasing my credit line for no good reason, which will decrease my available credit to debt ratio and thereby further hurt my credit, despite the fact that I've never missed a payment or gone over the limits on any card I've ever had EVER! And you know why? Because they can. Once I've paid off my credit card debt, I will never have another card through Citibank. I am SO done with them. Oh, and once I pay off my student loans. Which are also through Citibank. But mark my words, in about 30 years, they are going to be sorry!

In the meantime, Citibank, this one goes out to you and your lovely executives, because it just feels right:



Oh and hey: You're welcome for the bailout! Merry fucking Christmas!

0 comments: