Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Handily Scarred

Several months ago I was cooking in the kitchen when I suddenly noticed there was a small chunk of skin missing from the back of my hand. I do not know how this happened. It took a long time to heal and has left an unpleasant and unsightly light red scar, as seen here:



I have been applying Mederma Skincare for Scars like crazy and even sleeping with Mederma Skincare for Scars slathered over the scar and covered with a bandaid, but to little avail. My main concern is that this is my left hand. The hand that will be photographed on my wedding day adorned with my huge, beautiful engagement and wedding rings bestowed upon me by some gorgeous, kind, generous, fantastic man who may or may not end up being Prince William. Now I realize panic of this kind is premature, but it is concerning me nonetheless. So imagine my horror when I again somehow, somewhere cut my left hand a second time and am now dealing with this:



TWO hideous scars on my wedding hand! I have been applying Neosporin and Mederma Skincare for Scars to this one as well and am now sleeping with two bandaids every night trying to undo the horror. I have used my highly technical skills to give you a preview of what my wedding photo will look like if the Mederma Skincare for Scars does not kick in soon:



I know. Awful. Now for contrast, I am also providing a photo of my beautiful, pristine right hand:



Smooth as a baby's butt. So, here are my options as I see them. I can pray for a miracle OR hope to convince society that wedding rings should be worn on the right hand and create this huge shift in humanity's thinking prior to my own engagement. I shall start now.

Dear Society, right hands are in. Left hands are out. Pass it on.

0 comments: