Monday, November 12, 2012

The Little Things

The last few weeks, I've been living for Sundays.  I try my darndest to get all the weekend tasks done on Saturday so that on Sunday I can take a hot shower, put my pj's back on, open the slider in the living room open all the way to let the cold fresh air in, and curl up on the couch with a hot cup of coffee, a warm blanket, and a full DVR.  It is one of my favorite things in life. 

Joe goes to watch football with his buddies every Sunday so I say good-bye to him around noon and don't see him again until around 11:00.  I get the whole blissful day to myself. 

It's pretty awesome until around 8:00 when I realize I actually have to go to work the next day.  Then I very, very begrudgingly consider getting up to iron some shirts, make lunch for the next day, pluck my eyebrows, pack my gym bag.  Then 10:00 hits and I wonder where the day went and why it was so short. 

That's it.  During the week it's all work, working out, making juice, and wedding stuff.

For instance, I recently guilted Joe into taking an 80 minute train ride with me into NYC just so I could go to a very specific stationery store to pick the paper that will line the envelopes for our invitations.  Eighty minutes there and eighty minutes back to pick paper no one will likely even see because they're just gonna rip the envelope open anyway.  It only took me an hour to choose.  Things that make me happy.


0 comments: