Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just a Number

On Saturday, my dad turned 70 years old.  He is very, very old.  My mom is 13 years younger, a youthful 57.  My dad had been married once before he and my mom married, and I have two older half-brothers as a result, both in their 40s, though we're all very close and you wouldn't know there's such an age difference between us.  My little brother is 16.5 months younger than me. 

So yeah, 70.  It's a bit unbelievable to me.  Mostly because I know my dad.  He does not age.  He's the youngest 70 year old I've ever known.  Case in point, the man at his birthday party:


I did not get his French/Italian olive skin, or his ability to be completely unself-conscious and the life of every party, which I am forever disappointed about, but here's hoping I got his genes when it comes to aging.  He makes 70 look good.

Happy birthday, Dad.  To at least 70 more.  If anybody can pull that off, it's him. 


0 comments: