Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sappy McSapperson

The arrival of 2011 for some reason makes me very aware of how fast time goes by.  The older I get, the faster it seems to go.  The first decade of the new millennium brought me from 16 through 26.  Those are some major years.  Years of growing and learning and figuring things out.  And even though I would not trade those years for anything, I totally get now why people say they would not want to do their teen years or 20s over again.  It's fun and awesome but it's also painful and confusing and scary and I look forward to the next decade when I will settle gracefully and comfortably into full-fledged (and fun) adulthood.  I'm so glad to be where I am now and can't wait for what's next.

In 2011, I will graduate law school, pass the bar exam, and start a brand new career.  I will move towards lifelong financial independence and relieve my parents of the burden of helping with my bills.  Joe and I will figure out the next step in our relationship and maybe we'll take it, since we'll finally actually have the option of not just talking about it. 

As for 2010, I am so, so grateful for the friends and family in my life.  I am ever aware that my phone is filled with the numbers of people who are absolutely there for me.  Whether it's friends who fly in just to spend a weekend with me, or parents who sacrifice to make sure I have everything I could possibly need, or brothers who have already requested off work in anticipation of my graduation, or a new friend I've never met who sent me an envelope full of cash simply because she read on this blog that I was financially struggling (so unbelievable and kind and wow), I am full of gratitude and warm and fuzzies.

All I can do is dare to hope for more of the same in 2011.  And also that each and every one of the people in my life who are so important to me get all of that back from me and then some because they deserve it.

Love and blessings and fun to all this year!

0 comments: