Monday, August 17, 2009

Christina Really Likes Manhattan, In Case You Didn't Know

The title is an inside joke that will make my friend Sara giggle. I'm sorry to leave out the rest of you, you know all 8 of you who read this blog. Call me and I'll let you in on it.

Anyway, this weekend was Holly's bridal shower. My first friend to get married. Yay! Next weekend? Bachelorette party! I can't go into details because Holly is not to know what we have planned. But I will tell you it involves gays, nudity, the Hudson River and quesadillas. Look out, Manhattan.

We also celebrated my friend Kel's birthday on Saturday. It went like this: restaurant for burger and fries; bar for a drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; diner for 2:30 am ice cream. A perfect evening by anyone's standards.

On Sunday, Sara and I went out to eat and then went for a lovely walk on the Hudson waterfront.


It was quite sunny and quite, quite warm. We spied these two and decided that this is inevitably our future:



Although, I might spring for my own parasol when the time comes.

All in all, a wonderful weekend which only serves to remind me that I kinda, sorta, maybe a little, really miss Manhattan.

2 comments:

SG said...

Yeah right, you'll have me holding the parasol over you, while I roast in the heat. Ah, we'll be adorable, Ouiser.

Ouiser's a character in Steel Magnolias, in case you didnt know.

Anonymous said...

Manhattan kinda, sorta, maybe a little really misses you too :) . . .