Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Joey love

Joe left today after spending three days with me which is the longest amount of time we've spent together since we broke up. This break-up has been really, really hard but I think we're in a good place now where we can let go of all the things that had gotten so bad towards the end because the pressure is off. There are no more obligations or fears about hurting each other. Breaking up might have been the most genius move we ever made actually. For instance, I know he came down here to see me this weekend because he just wanted to and because he missed me, and it feels really good to know those were the reasons. When we're together now, we know it's because we just like to be together and that's it. No one is obligated or is forcing themself to make an effort, which is what it felt like when things were bad. Maybe that's the secret to being in a happy, effortless relationship - stay broken up. Although I couldn't help but ask this weekend if even though we're not getting back together, could we still have a wedding? I just really want to wear that damn dress!

0 comments: